Here comes the second and last tutorial in the Rove Mobile Admin 4.2 series. In this video I used BlackBerry to demonstrate some administration tasks in the VI3 including:
- Exploring the VI environment (Datacenter, Cluster, ESX, VMs ..etc.)
- Analyzing the Events on an ESX host
- Power on VMs
- Searching for VMs.
- Edit VM settings (like memory & CPU)
- Manage VMs using the Mobile Admin WMI
- Connect and explore the SQL server hosting the vCenter’s DB
- Viewing the status of the vCenter’s services, and the ability to start, stop or restart them.
I actualy forgot one of the most important parts, which is the SSH access directly into the ESX servers, I may screenshot that later on, but for now I just wanted to point that it’s possible through the Mobile Admin.
Enough said, let’s get to it..