In this video I’ll be demonstrating the following in order:
- Enable the Hot-Add/Plug in the virtual machines.
- Hot-Add memory for a VM and increase it from 512MB to 1GB.
- See from the VM’s Task Manager the new amount of memory available for the GOS.
- Hot-Add a new NIC, and configure it on the fly.
- Thin-Provision a new 10GB hard drive for a VM.
- Hot-Expand the new hard drive from 10GB to 20GB.
- Extend the volume live within the GOS using the “diskpart” tool.
I have the Storage vMotion & vCenter linked-mode recorded and will be publishing them this week. Stay tuned!